Spring Into Perfect Skin!
Spring is here! Time to pull out the cute skirts, strappy sandals and refresh your makeup routine. But before you do all that, you have to make sure your skin is glowing from head to toe!
I received this box of Olay goodies from the folks over at Proctor & Gamble just in time for the arrival of the warm spring weather. I’m always on the hunt for new products to improve my daily beauty regimen and a few of these have definitely landed on my list of staple products. Let’s get into which ones were my favorites!
While all of the products were great, 3 stood out and were definitely my picks for Best of the Beauty Aisle!
1. My first choice was the 7-in-1 Anti-Aging Daily Moisturizer from Olay. I am completely and utterly in love with this moisturizer! My skin is naturally pretty oily and finding a moisturizer that softens and refreshes my skin without leaving it feeling (even more) greasy can be quite tricky. My skin tolerates my own oils pretty well and I very rarely breakout, but too many foreign oils and my skin goes berserk. Olay’s 7-in-1 moisturizer was the just what the doctor ordered! It was lightweight while still offering plenty of moisture. I also loved that it didn’t leave my skin chalky or ashy. As a woman of color, it can be quite a struggle to find lotions and creams that blend well with the skin and doesn’t just sit on top—leaving your skin an awful shade of grey. I didn’t have to worry about that at all with this moisturizer. I used it each morning before applying my makeup, each night before going to bed and will continue to do so until the stop making it! Lol.
2. My second favorite was the Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Moisturizer. I initially was drawn to the eye-catching container. I remember taking it out of the box and thinking, “Ooo! Nice!” What can I say? I’m a girl. I like pretty things. After I was able to stop staring at the jar, I gave it try. Again, the perfect amount of moisture without being heavy and overly oily! It’s a bit richer than the Daily Moisturizer and so I opted not to apply it every day, but instead I used it couple of times a week right before bed. Ending the night on a high note!
3. Up next was the All Day Moisturizer w/ Sunscreen. Despite the fact that my face tends to be pretty oily, the rest of my skin is chronically dry. Many of you guys email me all the time asking about what type of lotion I use and raving about my skintone. While I appreciate the praise, it should be noted that it. Is. a. process! Over the years I’ve found that traditional lotions don’t really do the job for me. I would have to apply so much and so often that it wasn’t worth the headache. So normally I opt more oil like body moisturizers. However, this moisturizer stood out among the lotions I’ve tried over the years. I tried it for the first time during one of my trips to the gym. I fully expected to look down halfway through my workout and see the dreaded ash that is the bane of my existence. But to my surprise, it wasn’t there! I’ve since started taking it nearly everywhere with me. It’s small enough to toss in my bag without adding more bulk to the already massive load of law books I have to carry around every day.
- Dark Spot Corrector – Like with any dark spot corrector, it takes a little time before you can start to see any real change, but liked the refreshing feel of the serum and am looking forward to seeing how my skin changes over the next few months.
- CC Under Eye Cream – What a great way to brighten the area under the eyes and wake things up just a tad!
Shop the Post[show_shopthepost_widget id=”21960″]
DISCLAIMER: This is a collaboration between P&G and the AOL Lifestyle Contributor Network. Compensation was provided by P&G via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of P&G.